Over the years, advancements in technology have improved the performance and durability of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Aside from becoming more energy efficient, they’ve been designed to withstand extreme temperatures, like the summer months in Phoenix, Arizona. While older systems may not measure up newer equipment, there are ways to keep your current HVAC system running strong. Let’s be honest, nobody wants to replace their furnace or an AC unit. That’s why investing in quality heating & cooling maintenance is so important.
When you ask people what they desire out of an air conditioner, most typically respond by saying they need something that delivers quiet, reliable comfort. But if your AC unit is loud and clanky, it doesn’t necessarily mean a new installation is required. It probably means you haven’t been properly maintaining it. Because your AC operates in severe temperatures, complex components are placed under constant stress. Without proper care, these extreme conditions can lead to substandard performance and higher operating costs. Any HVAC system will suffer when quality heating & cooling maintenance is neglected. Low quality parts and temporary fixes by cheap HVAC contractors will eventually force you to spend big on a new system.
Whether touch screen technology or a quieter air conditioner appeals to you or not, replacing your system doesn’t really need to be done until it needs to be done. Extending the life of your current system is possible when you understand what professional HVAC maintenance looks like. Not every HVAC technician is capable of maximizing the efficiency of your current system. Many perform low quality work (similar to a mechanic) so that you have to keep paying them to come back. By providing quality heating & cooling maintenance, we give our customers the peace of mind that unexpected inconveniences won’t occur and that we’ll do what it takes to ensure their systems lasts as long as they can.
Even though the Phoenix heat is intense, we want you to know your system still has life. Each of our heating & cooling maintenance technicians are NATE-certified and experienced in maintaining heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces. We don’t make guesses, we don’t take chances and we’re not looking to take advantage at Canyon State AC Heating and Plumbing. We want you to know we’ve been in the Sun City neighborhood for 30+ years now and we don’t plan on leaving. No matter what other companies tell you, selecting a quality HVAC company to maintain your system will go a long way. You don’t need new equipment to improve your bottom line or avoid unexpected repairs. You can save money with furnace adjustments and AC tuneups simply by paying for quality heating & cooling maintenance.
What’s Included in Our Preventive HVAC Maintenance Plan
Our company’s preventative maintenance plan has played an essential role in keeping our customer’s HVAC systems operating at peak performances since 1989. We’re not limited to any type of equipment and have experience handling every major brand. Local business and homeowners who purchase one of our maintenance “comfort” plans will receive semiannual visits in the preseason during mild weather. During a quality heating & cooling maintenance appointment, you can expect an on time, highly-skilled professional that properly inspects, diagnoses and repairs your HVAC system. Here are some of the services you’ll receive as a maintenance plan participant:
Checklist for Heat Pump and AC Maintenance.
- Complete refrigerant charge test
- Test the compressor
- Clean the evaporator coil
- Lubricate all motors and moving parts
- Exterior cabinet cleaning
- Clean and inspect the condensing coil
- Measure the temperature drop across the evaporator coil
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Test defrost controls, contactors and fan motor
- Inspect and adjust blower components
- Test amp draw and continuity
- Test the condensate pump if necessary
- Measure voltage and amperage
- Change the filters
- Confirm unit starting capabilities
- Test the thermostat and reprogram if necessary
- Clear condensate lines and clean the drain pan
- Air balance the registers
Checklist for Arizona Furnace Maintenance.
- Inspect and adjust the ignition system
- Change disposable filters and clean permanent media filters
- Check fan and safety limit controls
- Inspect the heat exchanger for possible cracks
- Test and adjust the burners for efficient combustion
- Test and adjust the blower
- Inspect the vent pipe and exhaust pathway
- Monitor gas pressure and adjust gas valves if necessary
A Summary on How Preventive Maintenance Will Save You Money in Phoenix, Arizona:
Routinely scheduling quality heating & cooling maintenance is the best investment you can make to protect your air conditioner, heat pump and furnace. HVAC tuneups by Canyon State provide the Phoenix community with a variety of incentives that makes life a lot more affordable and a whole lot easier. Every element of your HVAC system benefits from our experience, quality parts and attention to detail. Here is what you can expect when you invest in a quality company that cares about your longterm savings.
- Lower Utility Costs: All the services our technicians perform are designed to calibrate your system back to the manufacturer’s original specifications. When your system has the proper settings, an optimized air conditioner, heat pump or furnace will run fewer cycles while providing the same level of comfort. Over time, this will save you a lot of money on your power and fuel bills.
- Improved Comfort: When your HVAC equipment has problems, it almost always impacts comfort. Short cycling, low refrigerant, and dirty coils negatively impact your unit’s ability to control humidity and temperature properly. Regular maintenance restores lost performance, which will help keep your indoor environment comfortable in the summer without having to turn the thermostat down.
- Reduced Repair Costs: When our technicians service your system, they’ll locate worn parts and other hidden problems that might cause an equipment malfunction during the hottest days in Phoenix, Arizona. Receiving quality heating & cooling maintenance on a regular basis will help lower or eliminate costly HVAC repairs.
- Longer Equipment Life: Properly serviced heating, and cooling equipment accumulates lower runtime hours when compared to neglected units. Worn, clogged or dirty components have to work harder and longer to meet the thermostat call. Preventative maintenance helps lighten the load on your HVAC system, which can extend the service life of the equipment – like we mentioned before.
Request Complete HVAC Maintenance Services
Regular maintenance plays a key role in keeping your cooling and heating equipment performing at maximum efficiency. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of a seasonal HVAC tune-up, call one of our comfort specialists today. They can answer your questions and set up an appointment at your convenience.