Modern HVAC equipment is designed to withstand extreme weather while delivering quiet, reliable comfort. When operating in the severe temperatures, we experience in Phoenix; complex components are placed under constant stress, which can lead to substandard performance and higher operating costs. A preventative maintenance plan from the specialists at Canyon State Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, is essential to keep your HVAC system operating at peak performance.
What’s Included in a Preventive Maintenance Plan
Customers who purchase a preventive maintenance plan receive semiannual visits in the preseason during the mild weather. Our NATE-certified technicians are skilled and experienced in inspecting, diagnosing and repairing every major brand of air conditioning and heating equipment. Here are some of the services you’ll receive as a maintenance plan participant:
Heat Pump and AC Maintenance
- Complete refrigerant charge test
- Test the compressor
- Clean the evaporator coil
- Lubricate all motors and moving parts
- Exterior cabinet cleaning
- Clean and inspect the condensing coil
- Measure the temperature drop across the evaporator coil
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Test defrost controls, contactors and fan motor
- Inspect and adjust blower components
- Test amp draw and continuity
- Test the condensate pump if necessary
- Measure voltage and amperage
- Change the filters
- Confirm unit starting capabilities
- Test the thermostat and reprogram if necessary
- Clear condensate lines and clean the drain pan
- Air balance the registers
- Inspect and adjust the ignition system
- Change disposable filters and clean permanent media filters
- Check fan and safety limit controls
- Inspect the heat exchanger for possible cracks
- Test and adjust the burners for efficient combustion
- Test and adjust the blower
- Inspect the vent pipe and exhaust pathway
- Monitor gas pressure and adjust gas valves if necessary
How Preventive Maintenance Saves You Money
An HVAC tuneup performed by the pros at Canyon State provides a variety of benefits that will make your life a whole lot easier. In fact, routine HVAC maintenance is still the best investment you can make to protect your air conditioner, heat pump or furnace.
- Lower Utility Costs: All the services our technicians perform are designed to calibrate your system back to the manufacturer’s original specifications. An optimized air conditioner, heat pump or furnace will run fewer cycles while providing the same level of comfort. Over time, this will save you a lot of money on your power and fuel bills, and provide the following benefits:
- Improved Comfort: When your HVAC equipment has problems, it almost always impacts comfort. Short cycling, low refrigerant, and dirty coils negatively impact your unit’s ability to control humidity and temperature properly. Regular maintenance restores lost performance, which will help keep your indoor environment comfortable in the summer without having to turn the thermostat down.
- Reduced Repair Costs: When our technicians service your system, they’ll locate worn parts and other hidden problems that might cause an equipment malfunction during the worst summer heat. Regular HVAC maintenance will help lower or eliminate costly HVAC repairs.
- Longer Equipment Life: Properly serviced heating, and cooling equipment accumulates lower runtime hours when compared to neglected units. Worn, clogged or dirty components have to work harder and longer to meet the thermostat call. Preventative maintenance helps lighten the load on your HVAC system, which can extend the service life of the equipment.
Complete Preventive Maintenance Services
Regular maintenance plays a key role in keeping your cooling and heating equipment performing at maximum efficiency. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of a seasonal HVAC tune-up, call one of our comfort specialists today. They can answer your questions and set up an appointment at your convenience.